CURRENT MOON

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Vikings vs Italians

More tales from the commute: boring, I know, but it was SO EASY yesterday. Ah, Columbus Day. B. picked me up at the bottom of the hill at the end of the day and I started in rhapsodizing about the rather traffic-free ride over. Not too many raging drivers. "Well, it is Indigenous People's day," I commented. He slammed on the brakes and said GET OUT OF THE CAR. Then I remembered he's half Italian. "Well," I sniffed, "The Vikings were actually visiting North America long before he made his way to the Bahamas." I'm a mongrel Norwegian, so I had to speak up. He was just kidding. We had spaghetti, meatballs and some kind of Chinese green for dinner. Then I watched Austin & Santino make dresses for 2 ladies in Asheville, NC--another great city, but I digress...

No comments: